Funded by the Indigenous Advancement Strategy, GSL has partnered with Ngoonbi Co-operative Society to deliver our Indigenous Education Program. This program supports Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with a disability, living in the Cairns and Kuranda areas, to achieve educational outcomes.
Service delivery is focused on:
- Toddlers and Young Children – Preparing children and their families for the transition into a formal mainstream education setting
- Secondary School Aged students – Supporting youth to set post school goals and remain engaged with learning
- School Leavers and Young Adults – Preparing school leavers for a competitive job market, and young adults for the responsibilities of adulthood
Our aim is to achieve Indigenous outcomes and under the Children and Schooling Program by:
- Improving school readiness and skills for school entry, and re-entry of those who have disengaged, for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with a disability.
- Improving engagement and attendance rates of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with a disability.
- Improving completion rates of Year 12, or equivalent by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students with a disability.
- Increasing the capacity of Indigenous families with disabled children to engage with schools and other education providers.
For more information
Contact us on (07) 4031 0123
Visit us at 1/196 McCormack Street Manunda
Download PDF here